Victory’s Taco Tater Tot Casserole is a delicious and hearty dish that combines the flavors of seasoned ground beef, corn, nacho cheese soup, crispy tater tots, and melted cheddar cheese.
It’s a family-friendly recipe that’s easy to prepare and sure to satisfy your cravings for comfort food. Follow these simple steps to create a flavorful and satisfying taco tater tot casserole.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: Approximately 50 minutes
Servings: Approximately 6
Category: Main Dish
Cuisine: American-Mexican Fusion
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 (32 ounce) package tater tots
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Brown Ground Beef: In a large skillet, brown the lean ground beef over medium-high heat until it’s cooked through. Drain any excess grease.
- Season with Taco Seasoning: Stir in the taco seasoning and the amount of water recommended on the taco seasoning package. Simmer the beef mixture for about 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add Corn and Soup: Add the drained corn and the Fiesta nacho cheese soup to the beef mixture. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Assemble the Casserole: Transfer the beef and cheese mixture to a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Top the mixture with an even layer of tater tots.
- Bake: Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until the tater tots are golden brown and crispy.
- Melt Cheese: Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Return the casserole to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
- Serve: Once the taco tater tot casserole is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool slightly. Serve this flavorful dish with ketchup or taco sauce for an extra kick of flavor.
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite toppings such as diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, or sour cream before serving.